Who we are
Whether you’re an avid birdwatcher, professional or hobbyist photographer or an adventurous hunter, we’re all about the accessories that enhance those indescribable moments that drive you every day. When everything around you stops and all you see, feel and hear is just before you, we’re there with you.
For 26 years, VANGUARD has been a global leader in high-quality photo-video accessories (tripods, monopods, ball heads, camera bags and cases), hunting accessories (archery bow cases, gun cases and gun pods/shooting sticks) and sporting optics (binoculars and spotting scopes). The diverse lineup includes products with first-of-their-kind features that are molding industry standards.
Take at a close look at VANGUARD. We just might be your new best friend.
Where to Buy
VANGUARD’s comprehensive photo-video accessory collection is a photographer’s candy shop packed with the essentials that help more efficiently capture the moment. This includes the cases and bags that safely and easily transport gear, to innovative tripods, monopods and ball heads with unmatched versatility and flexibility.
We’re dedicated to creating tripods with first-ever features and the reliability you demand. Take our Alta Pro tripod as example. Available in lightweight carbon fiber and sturdy aluminum alloy models, they make traditional tripods look archaic. Alta Pro’s Multi-Angle Central Column (MACC) System allows users to move the central column as needed from zero to 130-degree angles in variable vertical and horizontal positions. This allows more angle possibilities than ever before.
VANGUARD optics help birdwatchers and outdoor enthusiasts get closer to nature by utilizing advanced optical systems with extreme clarity and vivid color reproduction that knock the competition out of the water. Pick up our binoculars, monoculars and spotting scopes to experience the most advanced optical quality at an affordable price. Join the tens of thousands who have abandoned yesterday’s big names for today’s new generation of optics …VANGUARD SPORTING OPTICS.
Yesterday and Today
Since its founding in 1986, VANGUARD has grown from a single manufacturing facility in Asia to a global corporation. With headquarters in Guangdong, China, VANGUARD has successful distribution, sales and administrative branches in Whitmore Lake, Michigan USA, Luxembourg, Europe and Tokyo, Japan.
VANGUARD has earned a solid reputation that spans the world for a keen understanding of what the market demands: innovative features, functionality and reliability. Hundreds of thousands of photographers, hunters and outdoor enthusiasts around the world use VANGUARD accessories every day. Unlike competitors, VANGUARD creates these innovative accessories from initial concept through manufacturing and distribution to the shelves of stores around the world.
In 2009, VANGUARD earned its first major award for Alta Pro, a unique, stable and flexible tripod that enables photography at all angles. We were honored to receive the TIPA Award, the Technical Image Press Association Award. The editors of 25 of the top photography magazines from 10 European countries and the United States selected the best imaging products of the year. Alta Pro was voted the Best Accessory 2009 for its advanced flexibility and stability. Since then, VANGUARD has earned several design and performance awards from notable industry publications and organizations around the globe.
It is this commitment to innovation that has led us to a series of industry firsts and hundreds of design patents. Recent VANGUARD developments:
- 2003: Opened one of the industry’s most state-of-the-art optical and tripod design and testing laboratories
- 2007: Introduced optics with the latest in advanced optical technology
- 2008: Introduced Alta+ tripods, known as the world’s lightest and most compact high-quality tripods
- 2009: Introduced Alta Pro tripods and earned a TIPA (Technical Image Press Association) award for the Best Accessory 2009
- 2010: Introduced top-of-the-line Endeavor ED binoculars, UP-Rise expandandable camera bags, Skyborne camera backpacks, and GH-100 pistol grip ball head. Endeavor ED earns numerous favorable reviews from outdoor press; UP-Rise camera bags earn a TIPA for Best Photo Bag 2010; Alta Pro 283CT tripod earns reddot international desgin award; Skyborne and GH-100 win Japanese Good Design awards; GH-100 is named Outstanding Product of 2010 by Popular Photography magazine.
- 2011: Introduced Auctus Plus and Auctus professional tripods and Endeavor spotting scope. Auctus Plus 323CT tripod earns a TIPA for Best Tripod 2011; Skyborne earns a TIPA for Best Photo Bag 2011. Auctus Plus, when paired with GH-100 ball, wins an IDEA Silver Award from the Industrial Designers Society of America.
Where to Buy